Breaking News Venezuela: Colombia sends list of FARC leaders
By Aleksander Boyd
London 20.01.05 | According to Colombian daily El Tiempo, Alvaro Uribe's administration has sent to Venezuela's government a list of terrorists, members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The list contains the names of Luis Edgar Devia Silva, a.k.a. Raúl Reyes; Luciano Marín Arango, a.k.a. Iván Márquez; Germán Briceño Suárez, a.k.a. Grannobles; known members of FARC's upper echelons. Colombia alleges that these terrorists spend long periods of time in Venezuela conducting their affairs, moreover relatives of them are believed to be residing in Venezuela.
Colombian official sources told El Tiempo that the sent documents have specific addresses, relative's names, hotels and farms where the wanted terrorists stay.
Venezuelan Vice President Jose Vicente Rangel insisted that his government does not harbour terrorists and affirmed "I am prepared to take ofensive action directly and demand the Colombian government to tell us exactly the locations of the FARC camps and the whereabouts of those seven terrorists, for the failure to do so would demonstrate that the Colombain government is a big liar".
Colombian Foreign Secretary Carolina Barco said from Leticia "the documents prove the presence of FARC leaders and guerrilla camps in that country [Venezuela] and that of Rodrigo Granda".
The names of guerrilla bosses who spent long periods in Venezuela:
* Luis Édgar Devia Silva, a.k.a Raúl Reyes. FARC's International speaker.
* Luciano Marín Arango, a.k.a. Iván Márquez. FARC's Commanding officer of the Caribbean Block and member of the secretariat.
* Nicolás Rodríguez Bautista, a.k.a. Gabino. National Liberation Army's (ELN) top leader.
* Herlington Chamorro García, a.k.a. Antonio García. ELN's military boss.
* Jesús Emilio Carvajalino, a.k.a. Andrés París. Member of FARC's international committee and Caguan's theme committee.
* Suexis Pausías Hernández, a.k.a. Juan Santrich. Member of FARC's Caribbean Block.
* Germán Briceño Suárez, a.k.a. Grannobles. Brother of 'Mono Jojoy' and military head of FARC's Oriental Block.
send this article to a friend >>